Friday, January 28, 2011

Blast from the Past

Here's one that I had been meaning to post up but hadn't had the chance to...

This is from October 16, 2010.

I went to our church wide retreat and as the Pastor was sharing a passage (I think it's this verse):

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers" ~Psalm 1:3 (NIV)

And as we went into praise time I suddenly had the urge to write this down:

Jesus you have made me into a tree...
And no matter how lush my leaves may be in one season
Or how barren my branches are in winter
One thing remains that I am rooted in Your Love.
And nothing, NO THING can separate me from that
And I thank you Lord
Make my roots deeper still
Deeper still my Lord
Amen, Amen.


Hope this blesses you as much as it did me.  I remember a pastor once saying we can either be like flowers or trees... the better thing is to be a tree.  Flowers sprout up quicker and are beautiful but fade faster... trees take longer to grow but are longer lasting.  I want to be a tree... :)

2 comments:

  1. I am a follower now. Update Please. I will try to comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for keeping me accountable! Will try to update more often now. :)

    ReplyDelete