Brokenness... Suffering...
Nobody chooses to go through it yet it is part of Life and necessary for a follower in Christ.
I went through my own season of brokenness recently and sometimes I was in so deep that I never thought I'd get out. It was not pleasant or spectacular... Everything just hurt.
Yet in the Word we learn that God loves the broken things... it was a thought that struck me in my own season and looking back I can indeed see the beauty in such misery.
From the earthly perspective it doesn't make much sense. The broken things are the unwanted things... things you give away or become hand me downs... and if it's really bad you just end up trashing them... who wants something broken when we can easily buy something to replace it? Actually in our society today it doesn't even have to be broken to be replaced... whatever newest edition comes out becomes the next thing to have... The latest and greatest....
In some cases we use this to reference people... used goods... or damaged... you get the point.
Yet what strikes such a chord in me is the thought that the Most High, Almighty God, Alpha and Omega doesn't see things in the same way... He who is the richest and is able to afford anything and everything paid the most expensive price tag not for the shiniest or the newest but He went out and bought every broken thing with the blood of His Son Jesus.... that's you and me in case it wasn't clear enough.
God delights in taking the things unwanted, deemed beyond repair and restoring and redeeming us. Doesn't make much sense when He is really the only one that could do away with us and "start over". It blows me away to try to comprehend the reasoning behind this...
I think this ties in with the Gospel... to spread..share the Good News!!! That for all those that have been told that they are damaged, beyond repair that there is Hope in a Savior who's Father thought you were worthy of the cost!! Does that not liberate all us to spread this to the rest of the broken things who have not heard??
Comment.....I really liked this entry. Last year I was also broken. It made me better.
ReplyDeleteDP! Thanks for the comment... you know you might be the only one commenting but I appreciate it...
ReplyDelete