Expectation and Entitlement
Thanks to DP's posting it prompted me to think about my own life and another entry. It's been awhile I know since I last updated... I just haven't found any inspiration to say anything but maybe that's too much expectation on myself... wanting every entry to be just as deep and as meaningful as the previous entry. Sometimes without expectation... you actually succeed in expectations and in writing an entry! I will try to make this my new way of thinking and hopefully be able to write more consistently... must not give up!! haha.
As you can see I also changed the look... I picked the font because it resembles handwriting... think it makes it more personal but may be harder to read... let me know if it is... I chose pink because even though blue is my go to color... something really soft and approachable about the color of pink. I love the hint of it... :)
I digress...
The Evil E's: Expectation and Entitlement...
These two have given me so much trouble in my life... caused all types of relationships more heartache than necessary and yet at least for me... these were so hard to shake. How do you NOT feel like you deserve something if you really feel like you deserve it and are told that you deserve it? How do you NOT expect things when I mean certain things should just be known right?? Or even worse, the person tells you their capabilities and then doesn't deliver?
But it doesn't stop there... it's not only towards other people but to my own self as well... expecting to be a certain place by a certain time or a certain age... or feeling entitled to certain things because of time lapsed or a numerical age I've reached.
It's all garbage really... it causes so much damage and yet it's so dangerous because these two can be so subtle. They come so naturally...
So how to get out of the vicious cycle? For me.. it took a lot of humbling from the Lord and lots of revelation that my way of thinking was completely faulty to loosen the grip of the E's in my life. I realized as DP had that oftentimes it was a ME issue more than THEM issue... that switch once it went off was very effective in opening my eyes to the plank in my eye over the speck in the others...
But man... even though it was rough being disciplined... I am SO thankful... I feel FREE... there are still times that the E's will try to make a comeback but it definitely doesn't have the same hold or authority over me as before... Praise God!!!
Humility goes a long way for a lot of different things and Pride goes before destruction... how wise the words of the Lord.
Pegs, Thanks for the Shout out..Getting disciplined is also a gift.
ReplyDeleteYou font is hard to read. Pink does make it softer