Sooo I lost track of time and pretty much a whole week of blogging... oops...
In that time I watched A LOT of TV.... especially towards the tail end of last week. My roomie and I started watching Eli Stone on Netflix and totally got hooked. We finished the 1st season and about half way through the 2nd one last week.... tonight I finished the rest of season 2 and it is the main point of this entry...
For background sake: Eli Stone is a lawyer who gets diagnosed with a brain aneurysm and starts seeing visions... soon he starts learning that these visions aren't just hallucinations but God prompting him to take on certain cases or predicting what's to come... Eli is not a believer and dismisses these crazy things he's seeing but through it he learns about himself and also about his father who suffered the same aneurysms as well as visions (which Eli and his brother thought his dad was crazy and just a drunk but they learn later that their dad predicted their lives in a way they could never imagine)
Its cool because both ym and I have had dreams.. visions while sleeping... some of hers have come true.. as have some of mine. It was really interesting watching it from a secular show which explains all the late nights and watching "just one more" episode.. hehe.
Unfortunately it only lasted two seasons... and as I watched the finale... I was really struck by how it ended. Eli meets his earthly dad in a vision (ironically in a snow globe) and talks to him... asking if his earthly dad who he sees and knows is dead is really God.. his dad just answers that it's complicated. They start talking and Eli confronts his dad about his latest vision where he was trying to save a woman but she ends up dying and her heart is now viable for someone else... his dad explains that humans don't get to know everything or understand why things happen a certain way.... Eli argues with him because after all he is a lawyer and his dad explains that basically the heart which he thought was meant for the women he saw in his vision and thought would be saved by it... was for a girl named Grace (from previous episodes.. is a little bit like Eli) who Eli has a connection with because Grace also has a physical ailment that could cause her to die in an instant... and Eli is amazed as his dad explains the bigger mysteries that we so oftentimes don't get to really see or hear in real life when things don't go as planned...
Eli asks his dad... well was this all a test?? and his dad responds by saying.. it's all a test... life is a test... and Eli looks frustrated... but then his dad turns to him and says... Eli I'm so proud of you because you are passing with flying colors...
I started tearing up because in that moment I realized my prayer was God... I wanna be like that... I want to hear you say that to me at the end of my life.. that I passed with flying colors... and how proud He is of me... It also reminded me of the time I was told by my sister over a situation I didn't understand... that I passed! I remember just breaking down crying... relieved to hear those words even though I still don't fully understand to this day everything that happened in that situation....
I know that was a lot of explaining just to get to one part... but it wouldn't have as much significance without a back story.... I am about to embark on a small journey with a few others about what it means to break free... I can't wait to see what God does through it because it could not have come at a better time...
There is power in the name of Jesus... to break every chain... :)
Only God understands our prayers...it is amazing when we get to enjoy that understanding too.
ReplyDelete