It's only Day 2 but I have so much anticipation and expectation that this time is special... not only for me but many others. There's something really different about 2012. For one, its definitely the first year that I have been excited to get to the end of. Normally the months wiz by and I keep thinking OMG where has the time gone... and then I keep dreading the end of the year because that means I'm a year older and not that much has changed. But this year is different. I'm expecting a lot of changes and I know God is good for it. I don't necessarily know what it will look like or what package it will come in... I mean like it could be a really really yummy Snickers bar... hehe. ;) But regardless of what God brings the most important thing is just God himself. I definitely don't want to fall into the trap of loving the gifts more than the giver... it makes me as empty as desiring the things of this world. Don't get me wrong though... I love receiving gifts from the Lord especially if it has my name on it. heehehe. :)
On a sidenote: When I get really really hungry... I mean like I feel like my stomach is gonna leave me cuz it's so hungry I crave a McDonald's Big Mac and Fries. I don't know what it is... that is the thing I crave when I am the hungriest. I always regret it later because I scarf it down and then feel sick.. but man it's so good while I'm eating it... hahaha. :)
Good night.
Are you fasting also? Love reading your posts! =)
ReplyDeleteAw yeah!! Its so encouraging when people swing by and leave a comment! Thanks for dropping by! Yeah I am but only once a week instead of doing the Daniel Fast again. Felt like I needed to challenge myself a bit and I definitely feel challenged! So sad though that I can't go a whole day without complaining a little bit. :) What are you giving up for lent?
ReplyDeletelove reading your thoughts! i'm fasting from dessert & sweets. ^^
ReplyDeleteOMG I think I need to start doing that as well.. I've been eating WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR... argh!! YM brought home a box of Krispy Kreme donuts.. I couldn't resist... sigh. :P
Delete